We only foster to homes in California.
We do not allow our horses to be kept in pastures / paddocks with barbed wire.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary is dedicated to finding loving homes for as many of our equines as possible. We have designed our foster-to-adopt program to ensure that each horse is placed in the right home where they will be loved, cared for, and flourish. Redwings offers companion horses as well as horses that are suitable for riding. We use the foster to adopt idea, meaning that you can interact with these beautiful creatures in a different way.
The foster process is as follows:
- Fill out the Redwings Foster Application (at the office or here on the website)
- The Equine Care Supervisor will then set up an appointment for the potential foster person/family to visit the ranch and meet all of the available foster horses.
- If the person/family decides on a horse, burro, or pony they want to foster, the Equine Care Supervisor will schedule a home inspection to ensure that the home is safe and appropriate for the equine they chose.
- If approved as a foster person/family, the foster family may pick up the horse, or Redwings staff will deliver the horse to its new home.
- Over the next year, the staff will check in with the foster person/family by phone, email, and quarterly on-site inspection to follow the progress of the horse in their new environment.
- After one year of successful fostering, the horse is then available for adoption by the foster person/ family.
- *The foster person/family is responsible for all costs associated with housing, feeding, and care of their foster/ adoptive equine.
- **Over the next year, submitting a monthly report form and photos is required.
Sport Prospect: $1,000 -$1,200
Light Riding: $500 – $750
Companion: No Fee
Come to the ranch and take a look…we have a lot of GREAT HORSES, BURROS, and PONIES looking for their very own forever home.