We only Adopt to homes in California.
We do not allow our horses to be kept in pastures / paddocks with barbed wire.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary is dedicated to finding loving homes for as many of our equines as possible. We have designed our Adoption program to ensure that each horse is placed in the right home where they will be loved, cared for, and flourish. Redwings offers companion horses as well as horses that are suitable for riding.
The foster process is as follows:
- Fill out the Redwings Adoption Application (at the office or here on the website)
- The Equine Care Supervisor will then set up an appointment for the potential Adopter/family to visit the ranch and meet all of the available foster horses.
- If the person/family decides on a horse, burro, or pony they want to foster, the Equine Care Supervisor will schedule a home inspection to ensure that the home is safe and appropriate for the equine they chose.
- If approved as a foster person/family, the foster family may pick up the horse, or Redwings staff will deliver the horse to its new home for a small transport fee. The transport fee depends on the distance from the sanctuary.
- Over the next year, the staff will check in with the Adopter by phone, email, and quarterly on-site inspection to follow the progress of the horse in their new environment.
- For the first year, submitting a monthly report form and photos is required
- After one year the Adopter is no longer required to submit the monthly updates.
- *The Adopter is responsible for all costs associated with housing, feeding, and care of their foster/ adoptive equine.
Sport Prospect: $1,000 -$1,200
Light Riding: $500 – $750
Companion: No Fee
Come to the ranch and take a look…we have a lot of GREAT HORSES, BURROS, and PONIES looking for their very own forever home.