Redwings Horse Sanctuary is located just 2½ hours south of the Bay Area and 2½ hours north of Santa Barbara. The address is 47240 Lockwood-Jolon Road, Lockwood, CA, 93932. Most GPS receivers and Internet maps place us incorrectly. You can use the coordinates N 35° 57.983 W 121° 07.767. Note that the western end of Lockwood-Jolon Road is closed, and most GPS routing systems do not know that.
Coming from the South-
1. Take Rt. 101 North to Exit 252 – approximately 20 miles north of Paso Robles. The Exit signs will say Lockwood G-18, Jolon Rd., Fort Hunter Liggett, Misson San Antonino
2. You will be on G-18/Jolon Rd., approximately 15 miles to Lockwood where G-18 end at the Lockwood Store (the intersection of G-18 and G-14) – you will take a right turn onto the Lockwood-Jolon Rd.
3. Stay on the Lockwood-Jolon Rd. (hard-top) for 4.5 miles and we will be on the left.
Coming from the North –
1. Just before reaching King City you will take Exit 283. The Exit signs will say Fort Hunter Liggett, G-14, Jolon Rd., Mission San Antonio.
2. You will take G-14 about 21 miles, passing the entrance to Fort Hunter Liggett and the machine gun firing range on the right
3. You will take a left turn on Cross Road (there is a sign pointing toward Cross Rd. on the right side of the highway)
4. Go Approximately 1.8 miles on Cross Road until you come to a stop sign.
5. Take a left on Lockwood-Jolon Rd. and travel .7 miles and you will see Redwings Horse Sanctuary on your left.