We welcome visitors to our Sanctuary Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. We’ll be happy to give you a tour, showing you the horses and burros of Redwings and telling you their stories. Please call ahead to check the availability and weather. Please call the ranch office at 831-386-0135 to schedule a tour.
- Visiting hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 10am – 3pm.
- Please park in the assigned parking area
- For your safety, please sign in at the office immediately upon arrival
- Please respect the safety of the ranch
- Smoking is prohibited
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited
- Place all litter in trash receptacles
- Please remain on the outside of all fences
- If you wish to see a specific horse, please ask Redwings staff for assistance
- Dogs are best left at home where they will be safe, especially on hot days or during inclement weather.
- Many of our fences are electrified for the horse’s safety.
- Because we are a rescue and a sanctuary, meant for our rescued equines peaceful recovery from abuse, neglect and abandonment.
- Please refrain from running and shouting
- Fence climbing is prohibited
- Shop and storage areas are off-limits to visitors
- Because it is very hot at the Lockwood ranch in the summer, we recommend that you bring plenty of water, sun-screen and wear a hat.
- Remember that you are in the country and it is possible that you will see unusual birds, snakes, coyotes and other wild animals. Please watch where you are putting your feet and be aware of your surroundings in order to enjoy a marvelous, educational and inspiring equine experience.